Dance Classes at Covid-19 Orange Light Setting
Covid-19 Orange Light Response
Please take a moment to read through the following points carefully and feel free to get in touch if you have any queries or concerns.
We are following guidelines and information as set out by the NZ Government, Exercise NZ and DANZ (Dance Aotearoa New Zealand – a support service for dance studios and teachers).
Key COVID-19 risk management and public health protocols remain unchanged under the traffic light system, namely:
1. Anyone who is sick should stay home (staff, contractors, clients/customers and attendees);
2. Anyone with cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms should have a COVID-19 test and stay home until they get a negative result;
3. Isolate for 7 days if you are COVID-19 positive or are a household contact;
4. Face coverings required in specified locations/settings, and encouraged when out and about; 5. Regular hand washing/sanitising;
6. Regular disinfecting of shared surfaces;
7. Optimum ventilation in indoor settings;
8. Physical distancing while out and about to help minimise community spread;
9. Being up-to-date with vaccinations.
Keeping up healthy habits will slow community spread.
Protocols if Staff or Attendees Test Positive for COVID-19
Any person testing positive for COVID-19 must immediately self-isolate for at least 7 days. All household contacts must also self-isolate for 7 days. This could mean multiple staff/attendees may be unable to return to work/class for a week or more.
Masks are compulsory for all workers engaging with attendees/participants except when the worker is dancing/exercising. Masks must be a medical grade or higher (Type IIR/Level 2 or KN95, N95).
Masks should be made available for all staff to use.
It is recommended (but not compulsory) for attendees/participants to wear a mask at all times
except when exercising. This includes when entering the facility, changing and moving between
2.Vaccine Passes and Certificates
The Government no longer requires My Vaccine Pass to be used to access businesses, events and services.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch.